Always enough electricity on board with the SWI-TEC Hydro Charger
How do I get enough power on board? This is arguably the most crucial question while sailing. We have the answer -> Our SWI-TEC Hydro Charger.
Electronic devices are becoming increasingly popular at sea, whether it's refrigerators, mobile phones, laptops, or various other devices. Our generator harnesses the energy of the water and converts it into electricity.
The generator is simply lowered into the water while sailing and it starts producing power and charging the batteries. In addition, we combine hydropower and photovoltaics with our intelligent control unit. Charging starts from 3-4 knots (depending on the type of ship and the basic setting of the propeller pitch) at speeds ranging from 50 to 500 watts (also dependent on battery status).
Visit our website https://hydro-charger.com/ for a comprehensive view of all the benefits, videos, testimonials, and technical details.
All the advantages:
- Very robust stainless-steel construction (V4A)
- Adjustable according to the inclination of the mirror, ensuring the generator always enters the water vertically
- Base plate on the mirror with a massive counter plate (also available separately)
- Easy attachment and detachment with a snap lock and safety feature
- Can be raised and folded down at full speed thanks to a 4-fold rope translation
- Automatically locks into working position, preventing tension on the line during the journey
- Can be immediately released by a sudden pull with a separate line, for hoisting or in case of a collision
- Can be folded vertically upwards when not in use or when the batteries are charged
- Side stops as limits in the water and during hoisting
- Ergonomic design
Art. No. 7147 Hydro Charger Standard with 12 Volt system with standard bracket
Art. No. 7148 Hydro Charger Standard with 24 Volt system with standard bracket
Also available with a Pivotable transom bracket, ensuring the Hydro Charger remains vertical in the water.
Art. No. 71471 Hydro Charger Standard with 12 Volt system with pivotable bracket
Art. No. 71481 Hydro Charger Standard with 24 Volt system with pivotable bracket
We also offer a special angle bracket as an accessory, to mount the hydro charger on a bathing platform.
Technical data and features
- Stainless steel bracket with adjustable double segment, foldable upwards using a auxiliary line.
- Easy folding down during the journey, thanks to translation rollers.
- Locking mechanism during the journey. Quick attachment to the mirror with a snap lock.
- Smooth operation due to a special planetary gear
- Low generator speeds due to a small translation
- Optimized efficiency through special translation
- No vibrations on the propeller due to a built-in clutch, making it nearly silent in the water
- Hard-anodized aluminium housing and cover made of special plastic
- Streamlined anodized aluminium profile
- All screws made of stainless steel (A4)
- Sealed on both sides with 2 O-rings each
- Multiple-bearing propeller shaft
- Gear motor with shaft, propeller, 4 m 3-pole cable, and plug.
- Power range: Charging from 4 knots (depending on the type of ship and the basic setting of the propeller pitch)
- Electrical power: Depending on speed, from 50 to 500 watts (depending on battery status)
- Generator dimensions: Gear motor with shaft and bracket: 110 x 10 x 30 cm, Propeller diameter: 360 mm, Weight: 18 kg
- Alarm function when the battery is fully charged
- Built-in switch for freewheeling (propeller rotates freely when the maximum set battery voltage is reached)
- Additional connection for direct consumers that automatically turn on and off with sufficient battery voltage
- Digital display
- Power: 1,000W (max. hydrogenerator 600W, solar panels 400W, max. 60 vdc)
- Possible batteries: 12/24 V, from 200Ah / 100Ah (automatic voltage detection)
- battery voltage for charging stop: 16V/32V (adjustable)
- battery voltage for load disconnection: 11V/22V
- charging current: 40A (20A at 24V)
- Charging loss: less than or equal to 45mA
- Dimensions: 278 x 133 x 75 mm
- Weight: 1.6 kg
- Operating environment Temperature: -10° to 50° Celsius, relative humidity 0 to 90%
- (Do not install in the locker, only in the interior!)
- Main body made of special plastic
- Propeller blades made of aluminium, baked enamel
- Adjustable pitch according to ship type (speed)
- Replaceable blades (e.g., in case of collision)
- Blades are designed using CFD software (Computational Fluid Dynamics) to optimize the blade form and twist for superior performance
Scope of delivery: Ready to install with regulator, lifting mechanism, generator, propeller, plug, and bracket. Individual elements can also be purchased as spare parts -> Spare parts for Hydro Charger.
Attention! It is possible to operate the Hydro Charger with lithium batteries, but always in consultation and with the permission of the battery manufacturer! In this case, a switching relay must always be installed between the Hydro Charger and the charge controller, otherwise our controller may be damaged!
Important! Unfortunately, todays there is more and more pollution in the waters, and we would like to point this out to you, we do not offer any warranty or guarantee or accept liability for damage to the propeller and generator caused by overloading or impact, for example, by objects floating in the water such as ropes, fishing nets, plastic parts, containers, seaweed etc.!